Baked Coconut Chicken. Easy recipe for crunchy sweet flavorful coconut chicken tenders that are baked, not fried. Naturally low carb, paleo, and gluten-free. Chicken is marinated in coconut milk and then breaded in shredded coconut and breadcrumbs with a dash of ginger and then baked.
Can you say, "Hello delicious Baked Coconut Chicken, get. Crispy Coconut Chicken with chicken tenders breaded in coconut flakes and spices, then baked until golden brown and dipped in your favorite sauce. Your kids will love this healthy version of chicken. You can have Baked Coconut Chicken using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Coconut Chicken
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of chicken breast or tenders, cubed.
- It’s 3/4 cup of plain panko crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sweetened coconut.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- You need 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of (14 oz) coconut milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
This easy Coconut Chicken recipe is baked with coconut oil and crusted with coconut flakes. I've been really into meal prep lately. This is a new pattern for me. Healthy Baked Coconut Chicken. low carb, Poultry, recipes.
Baked Coconut Chicken step by step
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Preheat oven to 325ºF..
- If using chicken breasts, pound down and cut into cubes. If using boneless tenders – cut in half lengthwise.
- Pulse the shredded coconut in a food processor or blender to break it down into smaller pieces. Alternatively, you can chop it up. Mix it with the Panko in a medium bowl..
- Salt and pepper your chicken pieces. Place the cornstarch and egg whites in separate bowls..
- Once oil is heated, dip a chicken piece in cornstarch, then in egg white, then roll in crumb mixture to generously coat shaking off any excess and then fry until chicken is golden brown, but not cooked through – about 30 seconds on all sides. Repeat with all chicken pieces..
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Pat chicken with another paper towel to remove excess oil..
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, salt, and vinegar, until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour the sauce over the prepared chicken and stir gently..
- Place chicken in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes..
- Let stand for 5 minutes to let sauce thicken. Serve with rice and veggies..
- Alternatively you can heat the sauce in a medium saucepan over low – medium heat stirring frequently to avoid burning until it has thickened and serve it as a dipping sauce. Personally I loved it smothered in the sauce..
- Make ahead tip: Baked coconut chicken freezes well up to 2-3 months. Bake frozen chicken in a 350°F (177°C) oven for 20 minutes or until warmed through. Store leftover chicken (if there is any) in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in a 350°F (177°C) oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345169-baked-spaghetti-squash-carbonara https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347369-roasted-bacon-onion-veggies-brussel-sprouts.
Skinless chicken breasts coated with shredded coconut and then baked until crisp and delicious. These baked coconut chicken nuggets are the perfect dippable snack that's quick and easy to It might be because I loved chicken nuggets as a child or it might be because coconut is one of my. You won't believe this healthy paleo coconut chicken. Baked Chicken TaquitosGluten Free With L. Maple Dijon Baked ChickenGluten Sugar Dairy Free Lifestyle.
Your Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Eat With regards to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food spot. You will see that the nutrition in these types of is non existent and the unwanted effects can be really bad. In this posting we’re going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced. Among the first varieties of foods you should be eating plenty of, is various berries. The first thing you will learn about berries is just about any style of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Additionally, you will find that berries have antioxidants which is not only beneficial to your circulatory system but in addition for your basic health as well. You may in addition be aware that antioxidants will be able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can additionally help to stop the deterioration of the cells. Yet another thing you will want to be sure of is that your eating enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good effect on your health. Potassium is among the things that you will discover in various vegetables, and naturally they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will also need. You will find that one of the veggies we are discussing is broccoli, which is packed with potassium. Something different you might like to try is the next time you make a salad try working with spinach instead of your traditional lettuce as you will discover that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves. Nuts as well as different seeds will certainly be a much better option when you are searching for a quick snack to enjoy. You will come to find that these snack items are usually loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have a lot more than others. Your body will use these types of fatty acids as a building block for creating hormones that your body demands to stay healthy. A few of these hormones that are needed are only able to be produced by having these fatty acids in your diet. Your primary meals should also include fish including salmon or lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. You will notice that salmon is also rich in Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Protein is vital for your diet, however you do not need to eat a large amount, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. Furthermore before preparing your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from eating extra fat. Also when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. All of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are additionally required for preserving your health. One thing you might want to try for one of your desserts is to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey. For those who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above can help you do that. The one thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.