Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. This sauce is so scrumptious I want to pour it over everything. On cooked meats, seafood, as a salad dressing.let your imagination run These crunchy prawns / shrimp…so, I have to tell you, the first batch I made was just coated in coconut. But they just weren't that crunchy!
I like it once in a while, but I hardly ever crave it. That said, I could eat these coconut. Dip each prawn in: flour mixture first, egg mixture second, coconut third. You can cook Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce
- You need of For the sauce.
- Prepare 2 jars of apricot pineapple preserves.
- You need 1 of small red onion, diced.
- It’s 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbs of yellow mustard.
- You need 3 tbs of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of white vinegar.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 of LG clove garlic, minced.
- You need 3 of jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare of For the prawns.
- It’s 2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, deshell devein and butterfly.
- It’s 1 pkg of shredded coconut.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of dry tempura batter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each; salt, garlic powder, ginger, mustard, 5 spice.
- It’s 1 cup of + 2 tbs ice cold water.
- You need 1 cup of ap flour.
- You need of Lemon slices for garnish.
At this point they can be placed on waxed paper and refrigerated until ready Excellent recipe and use unsweetened coconut rather than the sweetened type. I use bottled Thai Peanut Sauce as a yummy dip and serve it all up. Give these beautiful king prawns a touch of the caribbean – rolled in flaky coconut then fried to crispy perfection – before serving with either a zesty lemon, or spicy fish and lime sauce. When the coconut has turned light brown on one side, turn the prawns over and cook until crisp and golden on both sides.
Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place coconut on a large baking sheet. Spread out evenly in a thin layer. Bake around 30 minutes. Stir around 3 or 4 times. Coconut should end up lightly toasted, not burnt..
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce in a LG saucepan or wok. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Simmer until onion becomes tender. Remove from heat and cool until able to be worked with. Place in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth sauce..
- Meanwhile, prepare prawns. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees. Place flour in a bowl. Mix spices with dry tempura mix, then mix in the water. Adjust until it is like thin pancake batter. Place coconut in another bowl..
- Cook 5-6 prawns at a time so the oil maintains temperature. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Knock off excess. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- To plate, spread sauce on the bottom. Arrange prawns, then garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Coconut chicken bake is a recipe inspired by the flavours of island favourite of lu/palusami where meat or just plain coconut cream is baked in taro leaves in a umu (earth oven). Coconut Lamb & Vegetable Curry with Cassava. The ultimate island comfort food, this well loved island pudding and is delicious. Prepare prawns by peeling off the shells but leaving the tail intact, devein the prawns using a small pairing knife by cutting along the back, also make a long cut on the belly of the prawn from either end. A wide variety of prawn sauce options are available to you, such as form, primary ingredient, and certification.
Your Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Consume Many people do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food location. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are usually foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. On this page we are going to be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you stay in good health. You will recognize that different kinds of berries can be extremely good for your health. The volume of vitamin C that can be found in berries, is one of the principal reasons you ought to be eating berries. Almost all berries also have plenty of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is especially good for your circulatory system. Another thing you will find that these antioxidants can help you with will be keeping your cells healthy, this can help your body to fight off a variety of diseases. You have to remember your mother and father telling you to actually eat your vegetables, that is because this is very important for a healthy body. Along with possessing a variety of vitamins and minerals, you will also find that some vegetables in addition have potassium. One of the veggies that can provide the potassium you will need is broccoli. Spinach is additionally something that you might want to start eating more of as it contains a lot more vitamins and minerals than other vegetables. Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over in between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or seeds. Most nuts will have lots of protein and you can additionally find that many nuts and seeds will also provide your system with essential Omega-3 and Omega-6. Omega-3 and also Omega-6 are called essential fatty acids and they’re essential simply because your body makes use of these kinds of fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. Some of these hormones that are needed can only be made by having these fatty acids within your diet. Most of your meals should also include fish like salmon or perhaps lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. The reality that salmon is also loaded with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons it is a good choice, but it additionally contains other necessary nutrients you’ll need. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. In addition before preparing your steak you will want to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from consuming extra fat. Additionally when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should think about having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits in addition provide you with vitamin C, together with other vitamins and also minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always liked is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a mild honey dressing. For those of you who want to begin living a much healthier life the tips above can help you do that. One thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.